Full-Time Lead Technical Engineer (m/f)
Under general direction provides technical support to customers, answering moderately complex questions on function and usage of product via the telephone and/or Internet. Serves as primary support liaison between company and customer. Conveys customer feedback to product development staff. Possesses expert knowledge of company’s products used by customers. Responsible for resource planning and allocation, managing customer expectations and project deliverables, and providing cross-functional escalation and communication.
As the Lead Technical Engineer you provides leadership and technical guidance to the technical support team.
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent education and experience
Significant industry experience as a technical engineer working in a customer support role, providing technical support, in-depth trouble-shooting and diagnostics, and development in the area of either network security products or programming.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities is essential.
- Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer and networking knowledge is required.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills at all levels are essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Must have had the position and experience of Team Leader in previous employment.
- Fluent German and English skills.
- Experience with any programming language such as VB, C/C++, VC++, C# or Java is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of Windows operating systems is a must.
- Good understanding of networking and network topology is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
50% Resolves clients’ questions or problems over the telephone or internet in the areas of system configurations/ setup, product functionality and bugs/enhancements
- Serves as the primary support contact person for strategic accounts and customers.
- Keeps customer informed of how and when problems are resolved.
- Involved in any additional follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for appropriate referral to other support and quality assurance areas.
- Write technical notes, application notes, case studies and solutions.
40% Provides work leadership to less experienced Technical Customer Support Center Specialists
10% Promotes and maintains a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among users.
3917 total views, 0 today